Saturday, August 15, 2015

Perfect Sailing Conditions.....

Hello Everyone,

It is my shift and it is 3:30am. We are sailing down the pacific hwy and it is near pefect sailing conditions. I can't tell you how much we appreciate these times when the sailing is just magical. Right now we are going about 8 knots, the winds are about 15 and nearly behind us and the swells are from little to nothing. There is little movement on the boat side and you just hear the swooshing of the waves as then roll past the boat. There isn't a cloud in the sky and the moon is in hiding so the sky is littered with stars shining like diamonds. The kids are all sleeping in the cockpit or around the table in the saloon.

I am reading or watching a movie until my shift is over. It really is an amazing night to be out here sailing and I am so enjoying it. I had slept for a long time yesterday. When I woke the sun was out and the swells had reduced and we were just shooting along... everyone is so happy when the boat is gliding like this that it makes up for the times like we had a day before... It really is amazing how the seas can change so quickly.

We are currently at 15.06.702S latitude and 168.15.754W Longitutde. We just passed Rose Island and are about 400 miles away from Vava'u Tonga. I hope this weather pattern holds out till we get there. We have been very fortunate on our sailing passages with weather... I guess it really does play out to not be in a rush and wait for the weather window... this ride so far has truly been amazing.

Hope all is well at home.

Hugs and Love,

Heather

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment