Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Here is a map of the places we would like to go and about the time frame that would be ideal to be there...

Hello Everyone-

I am really new at this blogging stuff... I am trying to figure out what works and finding out more than not what doesn't.  I am hoping that you can click on this link and see the map I created.  I put down more detailed description of the places we would like to visit and time frames we would like to arrive or depart in.  Of course, when you are putting this together there are so many factors that impact where and when you actually end up.  Of course weather, but also mechanical issues.. (I hope this isn't our case) Internal attitudes... (I know this will be our case :@)) and did I mention weather?? So with that said, this again is just an idea of the places we would like to visit and the optimum times we are suppose to be there because of ideal sailing conditions.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zpiE9qOxUJPU.kOzeeFia98Zo

If you click on the red balloons you should see some of the pictures of each of the places we will visit.  I am SURE all of our days will be sunny and clear just like the pics... I hope this link works.

Heather

2 comments:

  1. This is so exciting! Thanks for sharing your journey with us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys! I left a plate at your awesome bon voyage party - thanks for a great time! - and when I went back to get it, the U-Haul was out front. It made your imminent departure very real. Chris chided me at the party that I hadn't commented on your blog, so here are my thoughts… I know some people, including yourselves, question the wisdom of pulling four young kids and a college student out of school for two years to sail across the Pacific into God-knows-what. But I find it to be one of the most thoughtful, mindful acts of parenting I've ever witnessed. While most parents are worried about just getting to practice on time or limited their kids' video games, you've spent months (even years) considering how you will nourish your children physically and intellectually; how you will enrich their minds and teach an accepted school curriculum; how they will grow as individuals and learn character; and how your family will rely on each other and thrive together. Over the years I've come to believe that most parents are doing the best that they can, even though I know I still sometimes judge. But I have vigorously defended your decision to a few people who thought they knew better. I must confess, it wouldn't be my choice, but I know you're taking this leap with your kids very much in mind - unlike many decisions that people on land make every day! My favorite blessing from church is this: "Life is short, and we do not have too much time to gladden the hearts of those who travel the way with us. So be quick to love and make haste to be kind. And may the Divine Mystery who is beyond our ability to know, but who made us, and who loves us, and who travels with us, bless us and keep us in peace." You've definitely taken the 'life is short' part to heart! And I know you will find countless blessings along the way. I look forward to living your adventure vicariously and seeing you again when you get back. Much love, Kathi

    ReplyDelete