Friday, September 26, 2014

This is one of the reasons we are casting the lines and sailing away for a short time....

    Chris and I have several reasons for making the decision we have about uprooting our family and sailing away.  We will outline more later, but this article was brought to my attention by a dear friend and I was elated to see that this is one of the reasons that we are trying to get away and hopefully let the kids be the kids they are... to dream, discover and create... with nature.

  Now don't get me wrong.... as Chris says, "our boat is below water line because of all of our art supplies you are bringing."  I can't help it.  I have visions of the kids nature journaling and then decorating all the pictures, poems, stories, and songs they will write...  But we also are excited that they will be playing with what is around them instead of all the electronics.. sea life, rocks, sand castles, climbing trees, forts from palm fronds... things that they find that are washed up on shore....

I may be deceiving myself but I am going to stick with my thoughts and dreams and hope that the kids can go back 40 years and start with the basics like we all grew up.  We didn't turn out so bad and we know how to problem solve, be creative with what we have, and really think for ourselves... I hope this works for them as well.... at least show them what is possible.

http://www.parents.com/kids/development/inspiring-creativity-raise-a-trailblazer/?page=1

No comments:

Post a Comment