Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Home for the Holidays!

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to give a quick blip that we are back at home and staying with friends and family for about a month.  We booked these tickets back in the summer and have been dreaming of our arrival at home and seeing everyone again on a daily basis.  After we reached New Zealand we knew we only had a few weeks before we would be getting on the plane.  I can tell you that the anticipation and anxiety of coming home and seeing everyone was overwhelming.  All of us were so excited, the kids were all making plans with their friends to maximize time, Chris and I trying to organize our time with our friends and family and the kids schedules... and now that we are here even more schedules and time sharing with friends....  boy I can tell you that I am out of practice on having to be at two places at once and it is a little stressful in all the BEST ways.  It is just really weird for me to have to be somewhere by a clock, instead of the weather or tides.  Usually for us we look outside and if the sun is up we are up and if the sun goes down we are getting ready for bed, those are our cues and it has been really nice!

Our reentry in coming home has been more welcoming, warm and supportive that I could have ever imagined.  The big hugs that we are all receiving are the biggest holiday gift we could ever ask for. Not to mention all the questions... at first it was a little overwhelming, I am amazed at all the questions, but I realized how much I loved them because they begin to jog little wonderful memories that I had completely forgotten... It is so fun to share some of the little adventures we have been having and be reminded again how our life right now is not the norm and that these sea creatures, beaches, villages, countries, jungles, etc... that we are exploring really are amazing and colorful.  It is unfortunate how you start to become spoiled in a way to the wonders that are out there and it starts to become another white sandy beach... or from the kids mouths... "I don't want to do snorkeling today... I have already seen that fish!"  Then Chris and I get frustrated both with ourselves and the kids because we know our time is running out and we are really trying to appreciate and explore everything that we can but for me there truly are days when you don't feel like getting sand in your toes or salt water in your hair.

It is funny when you are out in the sailing community everything you are doing everyone has already done and may even have a better tale.  Our life is the norm for everyone we associate with, they are all on the same route and having the same adventures, boat issues, passages, and so forth.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the amazing homecoming from being met at the airport by Chris' brother and family (tears flowed to see them) to all the parties and dinner with friends (tears flowed) and the quiet times just sitting and catching up with friends and sharing pictures, videos and stories (tears flowed)... I am so touched and reminded how much I miss and love you guys!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart and I look forward to our return to our little village of lafayette in 8 months!

Happy Holidays to everyone and have a wonderful New Year.. (in case I don't get back to the blog till then)

Hugs and love to all,

XOXOXO and a ho ho ho

Heath

No comments:

Post a Comment