Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Day 5 Passage to Vanuatu

Hello Everyone,

Not much to say except we have hit the trades and the winds are consistent at about 11 - 15 knots on our beam. Not the most comfortable ride but we are moving at an average of 8.5 - 9 knots... it seems we are flying. We are hanging on and trying to keep this pace for as long as our sanity will let us so that we can arrive before nightfall tomorrow into anchorage. Not sure it will happen before nightfall but we will give it our best shot. We don't usually like to approach land at night but with all of our data that we have and satellite images and overlay with our GPS we feel pretty confident that we can get in there and drop the hook conservatively and then re anchor in the morning.

The kids are good, it never seems to phase them the rocking and rolling of the boat and its motion... they often turn it into a game of trying to stand on their feet and not get knocked down onto the couch or have to hang on. I am not sure what the air temp is although I know it is getting warmer and the sea temp has definitely risen.. it is now at 81 degrees... I keep dreaming of a swim in the warm waters... I just hope they are clear where we end up.

I haven't been feeling well so I am going to keep this short. I am hanging on and trying to keep a smile on my face... I've been sleeping a lot which is nice for me, but I feel bad for the rest of the family especially Chris who has to take over all the duties.. but it won't be for much longer (Hopefully). You realize when you are out here how small you really are and how vast and powerful this ocean and mother nature is...

Hugs and love and hope all is well,

Heather
23.33.662S
170.50.606E
Heading 346 straight at Vanuatu

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment