Friday, May 13, 2016

Okay.... Now Vanuatu or Bust

Hello Everyone,

We have had a few set backs so we post poned our depart until today Saturday May 14th.  It actually works better for us and is a better window to leave so everything worked out amazingly.  At the last minute our watermaker decided to stop making water and of course that is a deal breaker heading into no mans land.

With some amazing help from Kirk in Auckland that works on our sea recovery system and a few boat bucks we now have an upgraded watermaker with new membranes, boost pump and solenoid... it is fantastic and the water tastes great... we are super excited, have checked out of New Zealand and are leaving in an hour for Vanuatu....

It has been a whirlwind and we have had a few ups and downs and of course since I didn't know we were actually leaving I drank coffee, had 2 glasses of wine last night and haven't ate yet today... but I slapped my Transderm patch on and am hoping for the best with the swell direction and sea state so we don't all get sea sick... We have been so out of touch with the ocean being on land again it will take awhile to get all the kids reacclimated to sailing again... but it is time,

Hugs and love to everyone,

We will let you know when we arrive in Vanuatu... time to go climb a volcano!  Yipppeeee!


No comments:

Post a Comment