Monday, October 6, 2014

ETD... 4 days! I can't believe it!


 .. I'm mentally and physically exhausted from all of my sad goodbyes over the last few weeks... It seems that there isn't a day that goes by that we aren't giving big hugs and saying good bye to people we love and will miss... I know we will be back in less than two years... But it just seems so daunting and real right now.  In all the books we have read and all the people we have talked to they never warned us about this part... So either I am truly a Weepy Wendy, and I mean can't catch my breath blubbering, or no one wants to mention it! Either way it sucks and I'm not good at being strong to put on a show of no crying for the kids!!!  

What we are embarking on is no easy task and believe you me😗 we have taken every safety measure that is possible to ensure our trip is as fun, comfortable and safe as possible... Don't get me wrong we know there is always a risk with Mother Nature, so I think that is what makes the hugs a little longer and stronger than just a 2 year measure... But like I tell my kids you always respect your mother and don't make her mad and there will be smooth sailing... 

I want to thank Oma for all of her support, patience and understanding through this process.  I know it has been an a wonderful ordeal having the Lafayette Tzortzis invade her house.  Through it all she has managed to stay a step ahead of me and before I know it the laundry is done, the kids are fed, the rooms are cleaned with neat piles of all the items she finds all over the floor and under the beds... she has also been the designated field trip driver taking the kids all over San Francisco exploring parks, museums and the beaches... Oh and did I mention, not only has she done this but has sewn mermaid costumes for the two little girls and our own personal Family Circus Flag for the boat... She is truly a god send and an amazing woman.  Thank you!



Our current plan is to leave from Brisbane marina Thursday late morning and head out the golden gate and go left until Santa Barbara... It should take us 2 1/2 days of pure sailing to get there ..   Chris has been watching the weather and it shows low swells, a down wind of 10-15 knots all the way there... We may even fly the spinnaker for awhile.. What this means is an uneventful easy sail,,, maybe even a little to slow...it can just make us a little sea sick if we end up bobbing for a bit.. No worries, did I mention I have half of the safeway pharmacy in my boat :@). I believe we are ready... Just a few more provisions to make... I got all the netting on the life lines... We need to grab a few more items for our medical bag, activate sat phone, make sure finances are all done, give our float plan to family members and then Chris has his short honey do list but we will make it happen... One thing they all say is to go when you have your weather window and your gut says it's right... 

It's time to "throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in our sails.
         Explore. Dream. Discover."

Love and hugs to all.

Heath


No comments:

Post a Comment